Published September 17. 2012 4:00AM Updated September 18. 2012 4:12PM
Dean's List for Spring 2012
The following residents were named to the dean's, presidents', and/or merit lists at their respective colleges and universities for the spring 2012 semester. Their class years reflects that which was true at the time they received the honors.
• Clark University: Michael C. Andres of Branford (first honors), Carlee M. Clarino of Northford (first honors), and Tucker M. Esborn of Branford (second honors).
• Curry College: Alec Marcucci of Branford.
• Elms College: Tara Leite and Sean Smith, both of Branford.
• Middelesex Community College: Eric Accardi of Branford, Michael Antonetti of Branford, Colin Cunningham of Branford, Kathryn DeMartino of North Branford, Michael Damone of Northford, Gail Gionet of Northford, Alice Klein of North Branford, Nicole Ochenkowski of Northford, Michael Orts of Branford, and Adam Williams of Branford.
• Philadelphia University: Emily Reynolds of North Branford, a freshman in the physician assistant studies program.
• St. Mary's College of Maryland: Nina Rabin of Branford.
• Southern Connecticut State University: Branford residents Kaylan Adams, Leisa Allen, Hannah Anderson, Thomas Annino, Nathaly Betancourt, Cina Branco, Justin Chapin, Meghan Fay, Biancha Figluizzi, Rebecca Gellatly, Lauren Hackett, Sarah Hilliard, Rebecca Houde, Maisie Hutt, Michelle Leeman, Lindsay Milardo, Michael Naylor, Shane O'Brien, Samantha O'Neill, Molly O'Reilly, Kyle Perez-D'Amico, Miranda Platt, Molly Poryanda, Jillian Puckett, Kristin Reinwald, Nichole Rusconi, Tara Schmidt, Jared Sparks, Elizabeth Tate, Claire Thompson, Ha-Khuong Vo-Dang, Gene Wenkert, Allyson Weymouth, Steven Wilk, and Nicole Williams; North Branford residents Kristy Dillon, Thomas Ehrler, Heather Falanga, Marissa Falanga, Cristin Generoso, Mathew Giannelli, Victoria Hultgren, Martin Kozon, Faiza Malik, Kimberlee Pappa, Ashley Perrone, Elise Picciuto, Margaret Poleschuk, Melina Raucci, Katelyn Roberts, Stephen Rose, Kirsten Smith, and Andrew Stoddard; and Northford residents Daniel Anderson, Amanda Basil, Nicholas Carlino, James Esposito, Leah Guarnieri, Mary Iaquinto, Brenna McGuigan, Robert Petrillo, Jennifer Richetelli, Ronald Simonelli, John Slayton, Angela Varca, and Kelly White.
• University of Connecticut: Catherine Mary Baiocchi of North Branford, Kelsey Sarah Barringham of Branford, Geoffrey Andrew Batista of Branford, James Michael Cioffi of Branford, Andrew Crossley of Branford, Molly Ann Deegan of North Branford, Julie Ann Delucia of Branford, Corey Ryan Dwyer of North Branford, Joseph Andrew Falz of North Branford, Michael Joseph Gangi of Northford, Matthew Phillip Husted of North Branford, Lucas Luong of North Branford, Emili Lynn Mahon of Branford, Heena Jayanti Mavani of North Branford, Ariana Rose Nardella of Branford, Chelsea Elizabeth O'Connor of Branford, Ashley Nicole Petrillo of Branford, Sara Rachel Robertson of North Branford, Alexa Taylor Sanna of Branford, Jake Q. Seaman of North Branford, Nicholas Aaron Shamp of Northford, Jennifer Marie Sullivan of North Branford, Taylor Robert Sullivan of Branford, Shrija Thapa of Branford, Peter John Tinari of Branford, Austin Stuart Vitelli of Branford, Eric Clayton Warner of Branford, Jeffrey Stephen Warner of Branford, Chandler Alexander Warren of Branford, and John Joseph Wilkinson of Branford.
• Villanova University: Paige Simmons of Branford, a student in the College of Engineering.
Academic and Extracurricular Achievements
• Gary Neil Bloomquist of Branford earned an associate's of applied science in fire service from Columbia Southern University. A member of the Branford Fire Department, he is currently working toward paramedic certification.
• Robert Burger of Branford won a number of blue ribbons and special awards at the 134th Chester Fair Photography Exhibit. Burger won Best-in-Show (Color) in the 2012 Color Photography category, as well three blue ribbons in the Color category (theme: "General Interest," "Landscapes/Seascapes," and "Fair"); a blue ribbon in the Black & White Photography category (theme: "General Interest"); and the Devlin Photography Award.
• Tiffany Casanova of North Branford earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from Tufts University.
• Middlesex Community College Graduates: Dawn M. Mendez of Northford, general studies degree, and Gregory J. Schettino of North Branford, multimedia degree.
• Dawn Phan of Branford earned a bachelor's of science in civil engineering technology from Rochester Institute of Technology College of Applied Science & Technology.
• Roger Williams University Graduates: Nina Savastano of Branford, bachelor's of arts in psychology, and Jayme Weyel of Branford, bachelor's of arts in elementary education.
• Juan Roldan, a 2012 graduate of Branford High School, was selected as a recipient of a $2,000 scholarship from the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Connecticut and Western Massachusetts. He was one of 22 area students selected from 350 applicants to receive a scholarship. He will enroll at Quinnipiac University this fall.
• Sean Rose of Branford earned a bachelor's of arts in communication from Lake Forest College with a bachelor of arts degree in communication.
• Nicholas Saddig of North Branford received the Rev. Vincent E. Lyddy Memorial Scholarship for 2012 given by the St. Frances Cabrini Men's Club. He will attend Southern Connecticut State University this fall; in the spring, he will enroll at Marist College.
• Southern Connecticut State University: Branford residents John Aube, Jeff Bluege, Lauren Boggs, Joseph Brassington, Linda Cahill, Hope Carloni, Ashley Carrano, Erin Conlon, Kathleen Conlon, Stephanie Corso, Louis DeAngelo, Kimberly DeLuca, Sophia Diamantis, Danielle Efird, Brittney Figaro, Brittney Figaro, Biancha Figluizzi, Callie Gecewicz, Jennifer Hawley, Jamie Hearn, Elizabeth Hoil, Jodie Justus, Julie Kisil, Kevin Lane, Nicole Mack, Andrew Manciero, Michelle Mathews, Lindsay Milardo, Kyle Miller, Sally Neale, Adina Ness, Yvonne O'brien, Michael Olejarczyk, Kevin Patterson, Dominique Pepe, Leslie Peters, George Platt, Krista Richardson, Nichole Rusconi, Kirk Samuelson, Karis Scranton, Troy Sobieski, Konstantinos Stoubis, Michael Suraci, Joanne Toland, Melissa Vailette, Patricia Vitagliano, and Tiana Williams-McCray; North Branford residents Dale Abery-Manna, Sara Alberti, Rebecca Bainer, Paul Cappetta, Andrea-Lynne DeCrosta, Stephen Donnelly, Jaclyn Falcigno, Lauren Horner, Rachael Leonard, Faiza Malik, Michael Martin, Melissa McMinn, Katlin O'Donnell, Kimberlee Pappa, Katelyn Roberts, Hollie Sabetta, Ashley Sears, Kara Sinski, Jennifer Sparano, Eric Titus, and Linzi Waterman; and Northford residents: Rachael Artaiz, Frank Baldo, Carrie Hawkins, Elizabeth Marini, Brenna McGuigan, Brenna McGuigan, Vincenzo Palma, Robert Petrillo, Kristina Polaski, Kristina Polaski, Tonimarie Puccino, Joseph Salamone, and John Slayton.
• Arielle Virgulto of North Branford participated in a four-week learning experience at the University of St. Joseph in West Hartford as part of the Capitol Regional Education Council Interdistrict Cooperative Grants.
• Stacey Busher of Branford became an independent consultant with Tastefully Simple Inc.
• Mary Corriveau of Branford was named an Excellent Program Achiever by lia sophia in recognition of sales accomplishments and professionalism.
• Laima Karosos of Branford was named to the executive board of the state Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Society for 2012-2012. Karosos is in charge of government relations.